2019 Design Award Winners
Axiam Plastics Ltd was announced winner of the Supreme Award at the 2019 New Zealand Plastics Industry Design Awards for their F15 Chassis & Helmet Components.
The Awards ceremony was held as part of Plastics New Zealand’s 75th Anniversary Conference Gala Evening at the Millennium Hotel in Queenstown on Friday 17th May 2019.
Supreme Winner: F15 Chassis & Helmet Components – Axiam Plastics Ltd
The supreme winner for the 2019 Awards results from bringing together a range of classic product development considerations: attractive and versatile design which was well researched and future-proofed; a range of carefully selected materials; appropriate manufacturing technologies; high quality; complex precision tooling; good commercial and export potential; all based largely on New Zealand input.
Best Consumer Product
Winner: Drape Support – Adept Ltd
Drape Support – Versatile sterile drape management and work surface
- Highly Commended: Adept Ltd – IR Platform – Over-patient work surface for Neurovascular and Interventional Radiology
Best Industrial Product
- Highly Commended: Adept Ltd – Ovine Anal Sealing System
- Highly Commended: Talbot Technologies Ltd – M10 Hospital
Best Environmental Product
- Highly Commended: Alto Packaging Ltd – Lightweight Dairy Cap
- Highly Commended: Elastomer Products Ltd - Biodegradable Wine Net Clip
Best Manufacturing Process & Execution
- Highly Commended: Gallagher Group Ltd – Gallagher TW Series
- Highly Commended: Talbot Technologies Ltd – M10 Hospital Bed
Best Tool Making Application
- Highly Commended: Mastip Technology Limited - VeriShot™ Single Valve Gate System
Environmental & Energy Achievement
Best Supplier Partnership
- Highly Commended: SCION/Elastomer Products Ltd – Biodegradable Wine Net Clip
Research & New Innovation Award