Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics 2023 - DDSP Processing Sem 2
Semester 2 DDSP Processing (Part 3) of the Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics is scheduled to run in November 2023.
Become more effective in your technical plastics or design role. In this module develop an advanced understanding of how various polymers behave during processing and how this impacts final part quality. Learn how additives and colourants are manufactured and how these can aid or impact processing and part performance.
- Understand the impact of additives on processing.
- Learn the basics of injection and silicon moulding, extrusion and thermoforming.
- Understand the thermoplastics polymer melting process.
- Explore how processing impacts polymer morphology and part performance.
- Examine the heat transfer process for thermoplastics.
- Explore how material mixing, dosing and drying impact processing and performance.
- Learn how thermoset polymers are processed
Date …………… Semester 2: DDSP Processing Thursday 2nd & Friday 3rd November 2023 This course is FULLY BOOKED
Venue ……….… Ellerslie Event Centre, Greenlane,, Auckland
Audience …...…. This module is suitable for those in plastics design, operational, production or technical sales roles within the plastics industry or those who specify the use of plastics materials for their organisation.
Note: Depending on the Covid-19 Alert levels, we may need to move courses, or postpone. If this occurs we will get in touch with registrations as soon as possible to let them know the details of any change.