Mental Health Awareness week 2023
Mental Health Awareness Week is the annual campaign that helps Kiwis understand what boosts their wellbeing and improves mental health. This year’s Mental Health Awareness Week theme is Five Ways, Five Days.
We've faced uncertainty, unfamiliarity, and hardships that have left us with mixed emotions. That's why we're bringing you the Five Ways for the Five Days of MHAW, to give us a set of proven tools to boost our mental health when we need it.
Visit the dedicated website for more information and access to resources https://mhaw.nz/
There are a number of tools and resources available for business, individuals and communities to access and support:
- Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
- Mental Health Tool for Small Business owners to manage their mental wellbeing
- Free resources to promote Mental Health Awareness Week in your workplace, school, or community
- Helpful Links to resources and organisations
- Dr Lucy Hone – Ted talk - 3 Secrets of Resilient People
- Dr Lucy Hone – Plastics New Zealand Annual Conference May 2023 – Wellbeing and Resilience in the Workplace
- Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum - Mental Wellbeing Resources
"This inaugural ‘State of a Thriving Nation’ report makes confronting reading, bringing together a range of data, literature reviews and interviews with Forum members
to outline the true cost and value of health, safety and wellbeing in New Zealand."